Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation Error  (Read 11696 times)

empp

• Coppermine newbie
Installation Error
« on: December 01, 2005, 11:11:33 pm »

Hello,

I have been attempting to install cpg1.42.  I am receiving this error:
ERROR
You seem to be trying to install the standalone Coppermine into your Nuke portal.
This version can only be used as standalone!
Some server setups might display this warning even though you don't have a nuke portal installed - if this is the case for you, continue with the install. If you are using a nuke portal, you might want to take a look into CpgNuke or use one of the (unsupported) coppermine ports - do not continue!

I do not have Nuke installed on this site. I click on "continue with install" and complete the Coppermine installation. When I click "Let's go," I return to the same Error page.  I initially attempted to install it with phpbb, then into it's own MySQL data base. It does not work either way.  I do have Joomla installed on that site, but I am not attempting to bridge them.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and also downloading from a different mirror site and reinstalling.  Clearly I am missing something. I have cpg 1.3x installed on some other sites without trouble.  Any help would be very much appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 07:56:24 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Installation Error
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 12:58:07 am »

This is a known issue on 1.4.2.

Remove this bit of code from install.php

Code: [Select]
// Check if standalone is installed in a portal like phpNuke
if (is_dir('../../modules') && $_REQUEST['continue_anyway'] != 1) {
    die(
        "<html><body><h1>ERROR</h1>You seem to be trying to install the standalone Coppermine into your Nuke portal.<br />
         This version can only be used as standalone!<br />
         Some server setups might display this warning even though you don't have a nuke portal installed - if this is the case for you, <a href=\"" . $PHP_SELF . "?continue_anyway=1\">continue</a> with the install.
         If you are using a nuke portal, you might want to take a look into <a href=\"http://www.cpgnuke.com/\">CpgNuke</a> or use one of the (unsupported)
         <a href=\"http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89658&amp;package_id=95984\">coppermine ports</a>
         - do not continue!</body></html>"
         );
} // end check

empp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 02:22:20 am »

Thank you!  That worked great.  I really do appreciate your fast response and how quickly it solved the problem!

jaydj

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 02:22:50 am »

got this same error and commented the bit of code out... worked !

just wanted to add that I just installed 1.4.4 so it has the same bug.

:)

xsportseeker

• Coppermine novice
    • Aoi Sora Forum
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 05:47:25 am »

Had the same problem here...
Pretty basic stuff, but moderators might consider fixing the topic since it seems to be affecting some users.
Anyways, thanks for the quick and clear answer!

Now, off to the second problem... php doesn't have SQL support enabled. Probably resetting the machine will solve it... if now, BRB.

[]'s
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.